Discovery Tour for Women
Discover why “mosaic” isn’t just about tilework. View Morocco’s infinite diversity from a woman’s perspective – yours and theirs!
This tour showcases the very best of Morocco’s historical and cultural treasures while offering immersive experiences in aspects of daily life. Join local Berber women for tea and henna hand-painting. Participate in a cooking class to discover the secrets of Moroccan cuisine, and visit a women’s co-operative where culinary and cosmetic argan oil products are made. Experience a traditional hammam and find out what a “deep cleanse” is really all about! Spend a night in a desert tent camp deep in the Sahara dunes – camel ride optional. This tour also offers seasonal opportunities to take in local/regional cultural festivals and participate in the saffron harvest.
Note: Men are welcome on this tour; however, some activities such as the hammam experience and tea and henna party are for women only. Men can experience a hammam separately from women, however, and will be offered other options while the tea party takes place.
KEY TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- All four Imperial Cities: Rabat, Meknes, Fes, Marrakech
- Casablanca: Hassan II Mosque
- Atlantic coast: El Jadida (Old Portuguese City* and cistern), Essaouira*
- “Blue Village” of Chefchaouen (optional hiking)
- Roman ruins: Volubilis*
- Fes: visit to ceramics factory: hand-made zellig tiles
- Azrou cedar forest: sighting Barbary monkeys
- Sahara Desert towns and markets (Erfoud, Rissani, Merzouga)
- Overnight: desert tent camp and optional camel ride
- Traditional tea and henna party
- Ksar Ait Ben Haddou*, Taourirt Kasbah
- Visit to women’s co-operative (argan oil production)
- Hammam visit (spa experience and/or traditional community hammam)
- Participative cooking class
- Tradescraft highlights: vegetable (sabra) silk production, carpet-making, marquetry and wood crafts
- Guided walking tours of major points of interest: Fes*, Marrakech* medinas; optional vehicle support for tours of Meknes*, Rabat*
- 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Exceptional cuisine, beautiful traditional Moroccan accommodations
- Health walks, optional yoga exercise
Seasonal: Participation in, or access to local festivals and cultural events. Contact us for details.
GOOD TO KNOW
BEST TIME TO GO:
Spring (mid-March to end of May) or Fall (mid-September to end of November) are best. Avoid the desert from mid-June to mid-September. Coastal regions and northern Morocco can be cool from late fall to early spring, and high mountain regions may experience snow.
Our tours offer the best of all worlds: Morocco’s must-see sights, and off-the-beaten path hidden gems that enrich your travel experience. Ready to make memories? Check out our unique itineraries – we cover the country!
CASABLANCA (Marrakech, Rabat, Fes departures available)
14 DAYS: $4695 CAD per person
Sept 2-16, Nov 5-19 2022
Apr 21 – May 5, 2023 (Fall dates TBA)
When you’re in Morocco, life is about the journey and the destination! A private Morocco tour ensures the best of both.
Souqs, sand and sea – an unforgettable introduction to Morocco’s infinite diversity!
Morocco’s signature highlights are captured in one memorable tour!
FOUR JEWELS ADVENTURE: IMPERIAL CITIES
Rabat, Meknes, Fes, and Marrakech – all capitals, past or present, all UNESCO World Heritage Sites. All on the program!
CAMEL CARAVAN DESERT TREK: ERG CHEBBI (Merzouga)
Journey by camel or 4X4 into the romantic Rose Desert for an unforgettable overnight stay in a Moroccan tent camp.
CAMEL CARAVAN DESERT TREK: ERG CHIGAGA (M’Hamid)
Live your dream of a desert experience: stay overnight in a nomad tent, or if you prefer, explore the dunes by 4X4.
MAGNETIC NORTH: ATLANTIC & MEDITERRANEAN COASTS
Idyllic coastal villages, golden beaches, glorious surf – how can you resist? See the “blue village” of Chefchaouen, then circle back through Fes for a perfect tour.
Heaven for beach-lovers in three or four days!
SOUTHERN CROSSROADS: ANTI-ATLAS & ATLANTIC COAST
Unspoiled, untouched, and unparalleled. This is the land of saffron, olives, argan, oranges.
DAY EXCURSIONS: MARRAKECH, FES, CASABLANCA DEPARTURES
Find yourself with just a day? Make the most of it with one of our great day trips! Some of Morocco’s very special places are within easy reach.
Culinary Teasures Tour
Morocco’s cuisine is considered one of the world’s greatest – and this tour will show you why.
LIFE EVENT CELEBRATIONS
Special Moments Tours